EU-Georgia Business Council (EUGBC) expresses deep condolences following the disaster that claimed lives and caused severe damage to the city’s infrastructure.
"Our thoughts are with the victims and those who were affected by the deadly floods. EUGBC would like to mention the immediate actions, which were taken by our member companies. The following donations and assistance were mobilized to meet the needs of the affected community,”- the Council’s statement says, providing a list of companies that supported the relief effort:
1. Bank of Georgia – 100.000 GEL
2. TBC Bank - 50.000 GEL. The bank also collected up to 685.785 GEL in donations through a special bank account.
3. Magti - 50.000 GEL
4. Silk Road Group - 50.000 GEL & delivery of food, water, hygiene supplies and blankets to the affected families and volunteers.
5. Bank Republic, SG Group - 30.000 GEL & immediate assistance with items of basic necessity, blankets, gloves and hygiene supplies. The Bank collected up to 100.000 GEL in donations through a special bank account
6. HeidelbergCement - 50 tons of Cement and 100 m3 of concrete
7. Oriflame - 20.000 GEL; 5.000 GEL went to the Tbilisi Zoo. In addition, Oriflame is accepting donations of various accessories and clothing from their consultants/distributors that will be given to those in need.
8. IDS Borjomi - 20.000 GEL & supplied water to the rescuers and volunteers at the locations affected by the disaster.
9. Lukoil - 20.000 GEL
10. Efes Brewery in Georgia (Natakhtari) – 20.000 GEL
11. JSC Sarajishvili – 10.000 GEL to the family of the rescuer who died during the flood. Additionally, Sarajishvili will provide patronage to the adults Nikoloz Philishvili and Mikheil Shakhmaziani - sons of Nina Philishvili and Jana Egizarova, respectively. Both women perished in the flood.
12. PASHA Bank Georgia – 10.000 GEL & food and water provision to the volunteers, as well as other necessities needed for their work.
13. JSC MGEORGIA affiliated companies – 10.000 GEL
JSC. Marussia (Georgia)” - 2 500 GEL
JSC. “Chateau Mukhrani” - 2 500 GEL
JSC. “GWS” - 2 500 GEL
LTD „Wellington” - 2 500 GEL
14. PwC Georgia - 10.000 GEL. In addition, PwC Georgia staff donated 3.090 GEL from their own funds. Additionally, PwC purchased gloves, caps and flashlights for volunteers.
15. BDO Georgia - 6.000 GEL
16. DLA Piper - delivered items of basic necessity, blankets, hygiene supplies and medicine.
17. ABB Georgia - 1.000 GEL
18. Lithuanian Bakery - delivered baked goods (bread, buns) to the temporary settlements for families affected by the disaster.
Updated information on additional donations from the member companies will be available at the EUGBC website.
EUGBC Statement, on member companies that donated to disaster relief effort